Bluestar is a blue-gray she-cat.Her daughters are Mistystar, Mosskit ad her son is Stonefur. Edit
Kit:Bluekit Apprentice:Bluepaw Warrior:Bluefur Queen:Bluefur Deputy:Bluefur Leader:Bluestar
Mother:Moonflower Father:Stormtail Sister:Snowfur Mate:Oakheart Daughter(s):Mosskit,Mistystar Son:Stonefur
Preceded by:Tawnyspots Succeeded by:1.Redtail.,2.Firestar
Preceded by:Sunstar Succeeded by:Firestar
Bluestar's Prophecy - Echostar's prophecyEdit
- Bluekit is born to Moonflower and Stormtail, along with her sister, Snowkit. Bluekit finally opens her eyes and she and Snowkit are taken out of the nursery by Patchkit and Leopardkit, who show them around camp and take them to the apprentices' den where they start to talk with Dapplepaw. Bluekit wants to explore the camp on her own, so she and Snowkit slip away and cause mischief around the camp; they meet a few warriors and the elders, like Stonepelt, who quickly shoos them out of the warriors' den. Snowkit and Bluekit find a lichen den, and go into it. It appears to be Pinestar's den. Featherwhisker appears and takes them to the elders, where they talk for a while.
- The next day, Moonflower takes her kits to meet Stormtail, their father. They wait in camp until he comes back from hunting. He admires his kits, complimenting that they look better with their eyes open. Stormtail later starts to part from them when he annouces that Pinestar wants to share prey with them. Bluekit asks if she can watch, and Stormtail growls that he had heard about the mischief in the warriors' den. After this, Snowkit and Bluekit meet Goosefeather, Moonflower's brother. The kits know who he is almost immeditately. They drift off into conversation until Pinestar tells Moonflower he needs her. Moonflower asks Goosefeather if it's okay if he can manage them for a bit, and he replies that he can do it. Snowkit and Bluekit explore Goosefeather's den, and Snowkit swallows some poppy seeds. After they are discovered, Goosefeather looks over Snowkit and assures Moonflower she will be okay, and just needs to sleep it off, but she is still very worried.
- A few moons later, Bluekit is apprenticed to Stonepelt. When Goosefeather sees an omen in the vole that was Snowpaw's first catch, he announces to the Clan that unless they attack WindClan, they will be destroyed. Pinestar decides to attack WindClan at dawn. He tells Snowpaw and Bluepaw that they will be messengers to find and help injured cats, rather than participate in the fighting, since they haven't learned to fight yet.
- On the morning of the fight, Goosefeather announces that he has seen another sign from StarClan: they must destroy WindClan's medicine supply because they found a piece of catmint on the vole's fur. During the battle, Bluepaw watches uneasily and helps tend to the wounded. Later, in horror, she watches Moonflower, her mother, being attacked and killed by the medicine cat, Hawkheart, who was originally a warrior. Pinestar soon calls the retreat for ThunderClan when he realizes they are losing the battle.
- Bluepaw falls into a depression after Moonflower's death. Her new mentor is Sunfall, the ThunderClan deputy; Stonepelt had retired because of a shoulder wound that wouldn't heal properly. She resents her apprenticetasks, and only after Sunfall talks to her she begins to notice how everyone is avoiding her. At the nextGathering, Bluepaw meets Crookedpaw for the first time and they become friends. Bluepaw begins to act friendly towards her Clanmates again. She just returns to camp when they learn that RiverClan is invadingSunningrocks. At the battle, Bluepaw and Snowpaw work together to fight off Crookedpaw, and soon RiverClan are forced to retreat. However, afterwards Bluepaw is very upset because she thought Crookedpaw was her friend.
- A while later, Goosefeather is treating Bluepaw's wounds from a fox when he suddenly reveals a prophecy to her, saying, "Like fire, you will blaze through the forest. But beware, even the most powerful flames can be quenched by water." Not long after, Bluepaw and Snowpaw receive their warrior names, Bluefur and Snowfur. A few days after the Gathering, Pinestar tells Bluefur that he had overlooked part of her training, and that he will be taking her to the Moonstone so that he may speak with StarClan. Once they reach the Moonstone, Bluefur dreams that she is drowning in a fierce current.
- Not long after their return, Leopardfoot begins to give birth to Pinestar's kits. The next morning, Bluefur finds that she has a horrible bellyache, but recovers soon. Rosepaw and Sweetpaw are also ill, possibly from a mouse they shared with Bluefur, and while Rosepaw is able to recover, Sweetpaw grows sicker and eventually dies. Much to Bluefur's annoyance, Snowfur continues to show deep feelings for the new warrior,Thistleclaw.
- Not long after, Bluefur finds the young RiverClan warrior, Oakheart, sunning himself in ThunderClan territory. Bluefur is furious and attacks him. He pushes her into a stream, and she panics, thinking she is drowning, but Oakheart points out that she can stand on the bottom. Bluefur snaps at him and makes him leave. She then starts to think about him, even though she keeps telling herself it's against The Warrior Code to fall in love with Oakheart. But she can't stay away from him or keep him out of her thoughts.
- Later, Rosetail finds her drenched and says she looks "moony", much like the way Snowfur was mooning over Thistleclaw. Rosetail keeps pressing Bluefur until she snaps at her. Rosetail then tells her thatThrushpelt has had enough time to moon over Bluefur, and she is surprised because she thought of him only as a friend.
- Later on, Snowfur tells Bluefur that she is expecting Thistleclaw's kits. Bluefur pretends she is overjoyed, but she really is devastated. Snowfur is surprised when she gives birth to only one kit, who she names Whitekit. Bluefur is surprised at Thistleclaw's kindness to her sister.
- After that, Bluefur finds a tuft of dog fur and brings it to the nursery for Whitekit to play with. She then coaxes Snowfur to go on a walk with her. As they walk, Snowfur finds out that Bluefur is mooning over Oakheart. She runs and Bluefur finds her watching ShadowClan warriors hunting in ThunderClan territory. They chase them across the border and Snowfur runs out onto the Thunderpath. As Snowfur is on the Thunderpath, a monsterhits and kills her. Bluefur is even more devastated, and has trouble telling Whitekit. After Bluefur tells him, Whitekit cannot stay away from his dead mother. Later Sunstar has the same kind of talk with Bluefur that he did when Moonflower died.
- After Sunstar claims back Sunningrocks, Bluefur and Oakheart spend the night together at Fourtrees. At Fourtrees, Bluefur challenges Oakheart to a race to the top of one the four oaks. Oakheart then reveals he can't climb. Bluefur shows him how to climb. Oakheart then vows to teach Bluefur how to swim. Bluefur had no interest, for she feared the water because of Goosefeather's prophecy. Oakheart and Bluefur then build a nest in one of the roots of the great oaks. Bluefur then becomes pregnant with their kits.
- Later, Leopardfoot tells Bluefur that it is clear that she is expecting kits. Bluefur is unsure of how to explain it, but Thrushpelt generously offers to say he is the father, because he loves Bluefur. As Bluefur has her kits, Snowfur comes and helps her along; she then gives birth to two daughters and a son, Mistykit, Mosskit, andStonekit. She doesn't let Thrushpelt name them because she wants her kits to remember the river. As thedeputy, Tawnyspots, becomes very sick and must retire soon, Bluefur realizes she must give up her kits so she can become deputy instead of Thistleclaw, who is too violent, and threatens every Clan. She leaves in the middle of the night with her kits and makes them think it's a game called "Secret Escape"; they go to Sunningrocks where Oakheart is waiting. The weather takes a turn for the worse, and Bluefur realizes that her kits won't survive if she doesn't do something. She makes holes in the snow to try to keep her kits warm. As she moves them from hole to hole, Stonekit complains of being tired. Bluefur decides to let her kits sleep and she also dozes off. When Bluefur wakes up, she wakes up her kits. Mosskit wouldn't wake up and Bluefur does a desperate attempt to wake up Mosskit. Bluefur hears Snowfur, her dead sister, telling her to let go of Mosskit. Bluefur looks up to see Mosskit talking to Snowfur with excitement as she goes to StarClan. Bluefur gives her two remaining kits, Stonekit and Mistykit, to Oakheart. This is the last time she talks to Oakheart. She buries Mosskit and tells the Clan that a fox took her kits. She acts devastated, but is even more inside.
- She is then chosen to be deputy of ThunderClan. When Sunstar dies, she becomes leader of ThunderClan, and picks Redtail to be her deputy. Featherwhisker takes her to Moonstone to receive her nine lives: Pinestar, Larksong, Mumblefoot, Weedwhisker, Sweetpaw, Mosskit, Sunstar, Moonflower, and Snowfur give her these lives. When Mosskit comes to tell her mother a life, Bluefur says she's sorry for her death, and Mosskit simply replies that she misses her.
- At the end of the book, she and Whitestorm see a kittypet named Rusty on a fence, staring into the forest. Whitestorm remarks, after a close to successful attempt to catch and kill a bird, that it wasn't bad. The kittypet haunts Bluestar's mind, as before, Spottedleaf recieved a prophecy, "Fire alone can save our Clan".Bluestar thinks the kittypet might be the fire.
- After sharing tongues with Brindleface and Lionheart, she goes to the medicine den and admits all her thoughts to Spottedleaf. Spottedleaf simply replies, "This is a choice you will not regret." She appears in the manga at the end, making Rusty an apprentice warrior of ThunderClan.
- Bluestar appears as a StarClan cat, telling Firestar about SkyClan when he visits the Moonstone for answers. Firestar becomes angry at Bluestar and the rest of StarClan for lying to him before, but he quickly gets over it.
- When Firestar and Sandstorm start their journey, they eventually come to an abandoned Twoleg nest. Sandstorm wants to stay for the night, but Firestar convinces her that they need to continue, even though a raging storm had begun. When they began traveling upstream, Firestar looks into the clouds and sees Bluestar's face in the clouds. Her face is pleading, as if trying to tell him something. Firestar starts to yowl a question, but is cut off by a bang of lightning, in which Bluestar's face disappears. After Firestar and Sandstorm get separated, Firestar realizes that Bluestar was trying to warn them.
- Bluestar is seen in one of Leafstar's dreams along with Snowfur, Spottedleaf, Whitestorm, Cloudstar andSkywatcher. Spottedleaf introduces Leafstar to Bluestar, telling that she was the leader before Firestar.
In the Original Series Edit
- In the prologue, Bluestar is seen in the ThunderClan camp, staring at the night sky. The ThunderClan medicine cat, Spottedleaf, appears next to her and tells Bluestar that all the cats will recover from the battle at Sunningrocks. Bluestar tells Spottedleaf she is worried, because ThunderClan hasn't lost a battle since she became leader, and also because fewer kits have been born. While they are talking, Spottedleaf receives a message from StarClan: "Fire alone can save our Clan." At first, Bluestar is unsure about this message, but trusts Spottedleaf.
- Bluestar is seen with Lionheart when they meet Rusty for the first time near Twolegplace. Graypaw had fought the kittypet and he is startled when Bluestar offers Rusty a place in ThunderClan. Rusty later accepts this offer. He is brought to the Clan, and after proving himself worthy by fighting Longtail and loosing his collar, Bluestar names him Firepaw. She names Lionheart deputy after the death of Redtail, and takes Firepaw as her apprentice. Before Bluestar punishes Firepaw, Firepaw tells Graypaw that Bluestar will probably make him a loner once she's done with him, but Graypaw says that Bluestar is very fair, and would never throw him out, especially since they have such an important ShadowClan cat held prisoner. She tells the clan that she thinks that ShadowClan has driven out WindClan since their scent is in the WindClan territory. Also she tells the clan that she would take Firepaw as her apprentice. Bluestar ends up punishing Firepaw, for feeding Yellowfang before his clan, by making him take care of Yellowfang while ThunderClan kept her prisoner. Bluestar tells Firepaw that he should continue his training, after a few days of taking care of Yellowfang, and tells him that she'll make sure one of the queens will take care of her.
- Before ThunderClan enters the clearing into the Gathering, Bluestar tells Ravenpaw, Graypaw and Firepaw to not waste any of their time, and that this is the time to meet their enemies, and learn from them. WhenBrokenstar demands hunting rights from the other Clans, Bluestar refuses to agree. Later, she, Tigerclaw and several apprentices go to the Moonstone so she can share dreams with StarClan. During their return, they are attacked by rats, and Bluestar loses a life, and tells Tigerclaw that she has four lives left. ShadowClan attacked the camp in their absence, and Lionheart was killed in the battle. Bluestar names Tigerclaw the new deputy.
- One day in her den, she revealed to Firepaw that she had really lost her seventh life, not her fifth, in the battle with the rats. Later, she gives Graypaw and Firepaw their warrior names, Graystripe and Fireheart, respectively.
- Fireheart talks to Bluestar about the Sunningrocks battle and Redtail killing Oakheart, but Bluestar does not think so, and she says that a deputy should not kill another deputy. She also learns that Ravenpaw is living with a loner.
- Bluestar makes sure that WindClan is found and returned to their territory by sending Fireheart and Graystripe to go bring them out of exile. She copes with many problems throughout the book, one of them being the possible threat of RiverClan and ShadowClan making an alliance with each other. She also comes down withgreencough, which causes her to lose her eighth life. Tigerclaw sets a trap for her by the Thunderpath, hoping that she will die when she tries to bring a message to him. Instead of Bluestar, however, Cinderpaw falls into the trap.
- Later on, it is suspected that RiverClan and ShadowClan are hunting in ThunderClan territory. RiverClan has an excuse unknown by Bluestar, but instead of ShadowClan, it turns out to be Brokenstar, the exiled former leader of ShadowClan, and his band of rogues. Brokenstar and the rogues later attacks the ThunderClan camp, but is defeated and is blinded by Yellowfang. Bluestar accepts the newly named Brokentail into the Clan as a prisoner.
- Fireheart begins investigating the battle at Sunningrocks when Redtail was killed to find out about Tigerclaw, but in the process, he discovers Bluestar's greatest secret: the RiverClan warriors, Mistyfoot and Stonefur, are her kits.
- When Fireheart asks what Bluestar was going to say about Brokentail at the Gathering, she said she would say nothing, because it doesn't concern the other Clans and he is ThunderClan's responsibility now. She tells both Tigerclaw and Fireheart that no one is to say anything about Brokentail or the attack of the rogue cats. However the other Clans find out about it and declare war, and Bluestar is accused by her warriors of putting the Clan in danger.
- When Graystripe and Fireheart come back from Barley's Farm to see Ravenpaw, Tigerclaw notices that they are full-fed but bring no fresh-kill, so Bluestar says that they will hunt for the Clan until the next sunrise. She appoints Mousefur and Whitestorm as the mentors of Thornpaw and Brightpaw. Bluestar denies Fireheart's accusations towards Tigerclaw and denies that Mistyfoot and Stonefur have ThunderClan blood. When Fireheart tells about some unknown rogues near Twolegplace, Bluestar tells him that sometimes she thinks he spends too much time there, but orders the patrols to keep a lookout.
- Bluestar finally believes Fireheart about Tigerclaw's treachery when Tigerclaw brings the rogue cats to attack ThunderClan. While the other Clan cats are busy fighting them off, Tigerclaw slips into Bluestar's den and is about to kill her, but is stopped by Fireheart. Bluestar exiles Tigerclaw from ThunderClan, and says that if he is caught on their territory again, the warriors can kill him. She makes Fireheart her deputy, which comes much to the Clan's surprise because of his kittypet origins. However, the ceremony is after moonhigh, which is against Clan customs, and many elders think it to be a bad omen.
- Bluestar has become a shell of her former self after Tigerclaw's treachery, leaving most of the management of the Clan to Fireheart, and sometimes forgetting things about what is going on. After learning about Tigerclaw's treachery, she trusts only Fireheart and Whitestorm. Whitestorm tells Fireheart that Brindlefacethinks her two kits are ready to be warriors, and that maybe good news could cheer Bluestar up, but the leader becomes furious at Fireheart when he says that there are no warriors in the camp, making a rule that there should be at least three warriors in the camp at all times. Bluestar announces Fireheart's requests as mentors of Brindleface's kits, Dustpelt mentoring Ashpaw, and Darkstripe mentoring Fernpaw.
- When trying to travel to Highstones to speak with StarClan, Bluestar smells RiverClan cats, and Fireheart thinks she's hoping she'll see her kits, Mistyfoot and Stonefur. They are stopped by a WindClan patrol led byMudclaw on the way to Highstones and forced to return. She begins to think that StarClan does not want her to speak with them.
- When Bluestar tells Fireheart to gather all the warriors to come to the Gathering, Fireheart asks who they should take, and Bluestar lists the names easily, leaving out Cloudpaw and including Ashpaw. When Mousefur asks Bluestar what they are going to say about WindClan not allowing her to go to the Moonstone, she tells her that she will say nothing and that WindClan knows what they did was wrong. Sandstorm tells Fireheart that Bluestar seemingly changed since Tigerclaw's attack with the rogues, and Fireheart agrees with her, but tells that Bluestar is still the same. When everyone at the Gathering wants to know what happened to Tigerclaw, Bluestar tells them that it is none of their business and that it only concerns ThunderClan.
- When the ThunderClan cats find Littlecloud and Whitethroat on ThunderClan territory, Bluestar finds out thatNightstar is sick, despite seeming fine last night at the Gathering. Bluestar agrees with Yellowfang to send the cats back to ShadowClan and instructs Fireheart to do so.
- Later, when there is a fire in the forest near ThunderClan's camp, Bluestar helps get the cats out, being more alert than usual. When all of ThunderClan is sheltering with RiverClan, she decides that StarClan has turned their backs on her and declares war against her warrior ancestors.
- Bluestar goes through a huge depression, caused by Tigerclaw's treachery and StarClan not helping ThunderClan. She is told by Fireheart that Tigerclaw, now Tigerstar, is the new leader of ShadowClan. Bluestar has now grown to loathe StarClan, believing that they have betrayed her.
- She believes that WindClan is stealing prey from ThunderClan, when in reality the evidence shows that it is a dog, and prepares to launch an attack on them. Fireheart travels to WindClan to set up a peace meeting in an attempt to avert an inter-Clan war. He manages to prevent the battle, but Bluestar is disappointed in him.
- When Bluestar leads a patrol past Sunningrocks, they are attacked by a RiverClan patrol. She is attacked by her own kits, Mistyfoot and Stonefur, and Fireheart stops them by revealing to them that Bluestar is their mother. She also allows Graystripe to rejoin ThunderClan after he is banished from RiverClan for warning Fireheart.
- She disappears from camp without warning any of her Clan, and travels to Mothermouth to share tongues with StarClan. They warn her of the "pack", saying that "it will bring more death and destruction than the forest has ever seen before".
- She portrays her hatred of StarClan to her own Clan by giving only Cloudpaw his warrior name, Cloudtail; she does this because of his belief that StarClan does not exist, and also because she only trusts Fireheart, therefore she thinks his apprentice is the only one that deserves to become a warrior. This causes Swiftpawand Brightpaw, the two older apprentices who Bluestar has neglected, to travel to Snakerocks in hope of discovering what has been stealing ThunderClan prey, all in attempts to impress Bluestar. They are brutally attacked by dogs, and Swiftpaw dies. Brightpaw barely manages to survive, but with a gruesome scar on her face. Bluestar gives the dying warrior ceremony to Brightpaw, naming her Lostface.
- Fireheart comes up with a plan to rid ThunderClan of the Snakerocks menace, which turns out to be a pack of dogs which are fed by Tigerstar. When Tigerstar pins Fireheart down so that the lead dog could catch up to him, Fireheart is saved by Bluestar, who cannons into the lead dog's side, knocking the dog and herself off the side of the gorge and into the river, also giving up her ninth life to save her Clan. During her final conversation with Fireheart, she reveals to him that she helped defeating the dog pack because she knew StarClan and ThunderClan had not betrayed her. When she saw the Clan working together to drive off the dogs, she realized that none of her Clanmates were traitors, and she could not leave the Clan she loved so much to face the danger alone. She is also forgiven by Mistyfoot and Stonefur, who accept her as their mother. She shares tongues with them for the first and last time. She dies naming Fireheart leader, and telling him that he is the fire that would save the Clan.
- Fireheart lets Stonefur and Mistyfoot say goodbye to Bluestar before they return back to RiverClan. Whitestorm apologizes to Fireheart for not watching Bluestar, claiming it was his fault that Bluestar had died, but he told Whitestorm there was no need for an apology. Fireheart tells the Clan all about Bluestar and her secret past. Cinderpelt talks about Bluestar during her burial ceremony, and she says that Bluestar was a noble leader. When Fireheart sits next to Bluestar's body, he feels security, like a kit with his mother.
- When Fireheart is receiving his nine lives, Bluestar gives Fireheart his ninth and final life, along with the gifts of nobility, certainty, and faith, and his leader name, Firestar. She then gives him the book's main prophecy: "Four will become two, Lion and Tiger will meet in battle, and Blood will rule the forest".
- During the battle with BloodClan at Fourtrees, she also explains that his body needs to recover from the loss of his first life before he can rejoin the battle. She tells him that there will always be five Clans in the forest, and that she will go back with him in the battle.
In the New Prophecy Series Edit
- Bluestar, as a StarClan warrior, chooses the ThunderClan representative to go to the sun-drown-place. She also challenges Oakheart when he chooses Feathertail to go on the journey, and he says, "Wasn't she mentored well?" because Feathertail was mentored by Mistyfoot, Bluestar's kit. When Nightstar choosesTawnypelt, Bluestar says that she has strength and courage. But when Deadfoot chooses Crowpaw, Bluestar asks him if he wants to make another choice, but he dares any cat to say he's not worthy. When Bluestar asks if StarClan approves of Crowpaw, some cats agree, but most of them stay quiet about it.
- She later appears to Brambleclaw in a dream, telling him of his fate; he needs to go with three other cats to find a new territory for the Clans.
- Bluestar is amongst those cats that meet with Midnight in the skies controlled by StarClan over their new territory. Bluestar tells Spottedleaf that they chose the four cats to lead the clans out of the forest, well. When Oakheart says that trouble comes from Twolegs, Bluestar says that they both know that not just Twolegs cause problems, but also the Clans themselves. She is the first to welcome Midnight, and she tells her that StarClan owes her thanks. She states that every loyal warrior wants what is best for their Clan.
- When Yellowfang says she sees dark times ahead, Bluestar asks her what she means. She cautions Spottedleaf against looking too hard for the future of cats because she "of all cats should know that sometimes there is nothing we can do". When Spottedleaf says she would use all the power in StarClan to protect Firestar, Bluestar says that even that wouldn't be enough. She tells Midnight that StarClan is not her place, and that she may meet her once more, but clouded times are coming.
- Bluestar is amongst the StarClan warriors at the Moonpool that tell the ThunderClan medicine cat, Cinderpelt, that she will be joining StarClan very soon. Bluestar tells her that she has served her clan more faithfully than some cats can in their lifetime, and that it might not seem fair if they take her away. When Cinderpelt tells Bluestar there's no need to apologize, she says that there is because of how much her clan owes her.Nightstar tells Cinderpelt that they wish they could change it, but Bluestar says that some destinies StarClan can't control, no matter how much they want to. When Cinderpelt wants to know when she will die, Bluestar says that she don't even know when, but they will be waiting for her when the time comes. She tells Cinderpelt that the strength of StarClan will be with her and they wouldn't let her face this alone. She says it hurts them all when a young cat has to go to StarClan, and she knows Cinderpelt would have continued serving her Clan for many more seasons. Bluestar tells Cinderpelt before she goes that they will always be with her. Later on, during a badger attack on ThunderClan, Cinderpelt dies defending the nursery andSorreltail, who is giving birth to her first litter of kits.
- Bluestar, Yellowfang, and Lionheart tell the new ThunderClan medicine cat, Leafpool, that she will walk a path that few medicine cats have walked before. Leafpool asks Bluestar about three bright stars that she sees very often in the sky, but does not recognize, but Bluestar ignores her. When Leafpool asks her if she had a prophecy for her, Bluestar tells that her life was going to twist in ways hidden to her. Bluestar informs her that these stars are of cats she has not met yet, but will shape her future when she does meet them. She tells Leafpool that StarClan will always be with her, and that her path will vanish into shadow, but they will be with her every pawstep of the way. When Leafpool visits the Moonpool, Bluestar welcomes her as the new medicine cat of ThunderClan. Leafpool searches for Cinderpelt, but when she asks Bluestar where she is, Bluestar is fading away, along with the other StarClan cats.
In the Power of Three Series Edit
- When Leafpool appeared at the Moonpool, Bluestar welcomes her, and tells her that they had a feeling she would come. Bluestar asks Leafpool if she came with good news, and she says that Graystripe was back.
- When Tallstar says that Firestar would choose the warrior that knows the Clan best, Bluestar says that would be a tough decision, one that no other leader has decided before. Lionheart tells Bluestar that they should have seen that Graystripe was still alive, and told Leafpool, but Bluestar says that he was too far away for them to see him. She tells Leafpool that Brambleclaw has done well as deputy, and that Firestar would had been foolish if he had gone without a deputy. Bluestar gives Leafpool a message to tell Firestar on the matter of Graystripe or Brambleclaw being ThunderClan's deputy. She says that Firestar needs to use his head, not his heart, in his decision. With help of Jaypaw deciphering, Firestar chooses Brambleclaw to remain the deputy of ThunderClan.
- Bluestar is seen talking to Whitestorm, Spottedleaf, and Yellowfang about the prophecy of Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw. Spottedleaf asks Whitestorm if Bluestar was with him, and he said she was a minute ago. Then, Bluestar enters telling them all that she would've came sooner if Tallstar wasn't fretting and had stopped her. She teases Yellowfang by saying, "Bad luck, I didn't think there were any fleas here" when she was looking at Yellowfang's flea-bitten nose. She tells them all that Tallstar was worrying over Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and Jaypaw, and that the prophecy has gotten under his pelt like a tick. Bluestar starts arguing with Yellowfang over whether to tell Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and Jaypaw the truth. Bluestar thinks it should be kept a secret, but Yellowfang thinks they should tell them. After a while, Bluestar starts to leave and tells Spottedleaf that if she stays any longer that her and Yellowfang will argue. Bluestar says that she understands Yellowfang's fears, but for now, they were to keep it a secret. Yellowfang growls under her breath that Bluestar is stubborn.
- Bluestar seen among StarClan by Jaypaw, furious that greencough might destroy her Clan. She respectively greets Brightspirit when she bursts into the clearing, saying it has been a long time since they met.
- Yellowfang attacks Bluestar, angry that she did not tell the truth to the Clans. Bluestar asks Yellowfang what her problem is and reminds her that she was her leader. When Yellowfang says more blood will be shed on Thunderclan, Bluestar tells her she doesn't know that. After the fight, Bluestar tells her that the damage is done, and it's not her fault. She couldn't believe that Midnight betrayed them, because she thought she was going to watch over the Clans. When Yellowfang asks Bluestar if they were wrong about the Three, she tells "Never!" and that she didn't want to lie. She thought Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight were good parents, and telling the truth would not have helped, but Yellowfang says that Bluestar had destroyed the Clan she had always tried to protect.
In the Omen of the Stars SeriesEdit
- Bluestar is with three other cats to discuss what to do about the missing cat in the prophecy. She asks why they all had to meet at the waterfall because it was too noisy and too wet. When Lionheart tells her it dry near him, she pads over to him and tells him that if it's dry, she's a mouse. She asks Yellowfang what she wants. Sharply, she asks if they are certain that they have the right Three this time. When Spottedleaf says that she knows that they are the Three, Bluestar tells that she may be right, but so much has gone on that somethings change. She is against sending the One a sign to tell her that she is part of the prophecy, but Lionheart interrupts her by telling her that she needs to have faith in the cats. She tells them that they thought Hollyleaf was good and loyal, but she wasn't.
- When Feathertail enters, she asks her what she is doing, and if she is spying on them. When Yellowfang says in the end, kits go their own way, Bluestar says all cats do it. She is overruled by the other cats about sending the sign, and then asks Yellowfang who she will send it to. Yellowfang responds that she will send it to the third cat.
- Bluestar is seen in the Prologue of Night Whispers. She is conversing with Yellowfang, Sagewhisker,Fernshade, Lionheart, Mudfur, Oakheart and Mudclaw about the battle between ThunderClan and ShadowClan. She reminds the cats that it is not the Clans' battling that they should be worrying about, but theDark Forest.
In the Field Guide Series Edit
- Bluestar is seen as a warrior in "Snowfur Speaks: A Sad, Cold Death" where she have given birth to her kits, Mosskit, Stonekit, and Mistykit. As Snowfur watches, Mosskit is too cold and weak, and he dies. When Bluefur tries to nudge him, he doesn't move. She exclaims, "Oh, Mosskit! What have I done? Mosskit, please wake up Mosskit, don't leave. There's warmth and safety just on the other side of the river. Your father will look after you, I promise. Just a little bit farther my tiny, brave son." Snowfur promises that she would take care of Mosskit for Bluefur. It was revealed that Whitestorm is her nephew, explaining the great affection between them. It is revealed that Bluestar's mother was Moonflower, her mentor was Stonepelt, and she was a mentor to Frostfur and Runningwind, as well as Firestar.
- She also appears in the story, "Bluepaw Speaks: My First Sight of Fourtrees". Her first Gathering is only two days after her apprentice ceremony, and her mother proudly accompanies her. She says that the moon is as bright and round as her mother's eyes. She says that there were four oaks at each of the four corners of the clearing, and the clearing was full of cats murmuring and meowing, their fur silver in the moonlight. In the center of the clearing was The Great Rock, looking like to stick straight out of the ground. Bluepaw quotes that one day, she would be the leader of ThunderClan, and she would stand on top of The Great Rock.
- Rock questions Bluestar's decision to bring Firestar into the Clan, asking whether Bluestar was blinded by the color of Firestar's pelt, knowing he fulfilled the prophecy that fire would save ThunderClan. He aso says that StarClan wanted Firestar as much as Bluestar did. Rock says that Bluestar was a great leader, and the price of it is even bigger than she dreamed, giving up her kits so she could become deputy instead of Thistleclaw, who would have made the forest run with blood. He tells Mosskit that she should be proud of his mother, for her loyalty to her clan.
- Rock says that Bluestar mentored Firestar well, and trained him to be a wise and confident warrior, and she saw that Firestar was a savior as soon as the sun hit his flame-colored pelt, seeming like a gift from StarClan, who gave Spottedleaf the prophecy that fire would save the Clan. Rock also states that it is too easy to think that Bluestar went mad during the last moons of her life, after losing her kits, her mate, her kin, and betrayed by her seemingly loyal deputy; but one must remember that she died protecting her Clan, giving up her last life valiantly and making peace with her surviving kits before dying.
- When Rock is talking about Yellowfang, Bluestar is briefly mentioned, saying Yellowfang persuaded her to let Brokenstar live in the ThunderClan camp. She is also mentioned in Cinderpelt's section, when Rock tells the kits that StarClan did not plan for Cinderpelt to be struck on the Thunderpath instead of Bluestar. Rock also mentions Bluestar when talking about Tallstar. He tells them how she tried to lead ThunderClan into battle against WindClan over a belief of stolen prey. Luckily, Tallstar believed Firestar's warning that Bluestar was mistaken and refused to fight. Rock also says that it was partly thanks to Onewhisker that Tallstar agreed not to fight against Bluestar. Rock mentions that Crookedstar knew who Mistystar and Stonefur's mother was the moment Oakheart came to him with a tale of finding two kits lost in the snow, because it was obvious who their mother was from the color of their fur and the scent that clung to them.
- As Rock lists the deaths that Tigerstar caused, Bluestar is on the list.
- Bluestar is mentioned in "Dustpaw Speaks: Shadows in the Forest", when Tigerclaw sends Ravenpaw back to the camp to tell Bluestar about the invading ShadowClan warriors and fetch reinforcements. During Dustpaw's plan of a double Lightning Strike to make the invaders think the whole Clan has them surrounded, Longtail calls out, "We've trapped them, Bluestar!" to make it seem as if she was present, when she wasn't.
In the Ravenpaw's Path SeriesEdit
- When Ravenpaw goes to the Moonstone with Barley, Bluestar appears in a dream to Ravenpaw, along with Whitestorm and Spottedleaf. She tells Ravenpaw that it was good to see him. When Ravenpaw tells her that he thought they forgot about him, she tells him never, and that they have seen that Barley and him are in trouble. Bluestar tells Ravenpaw that they have as much right to live on the farm as much as the Clans live in the forest, because the farm is his and Barley's home. Ravenpaw says that he doesn't deserve ThunderClan's loyalty because he was no longer a clan cat, Bluestar tells him that he may not be a Clan cat, but that he has their friendship and that is a loyalty that never dies. Finally, she wishes him luck to find ThunderClan.
- Bluefur, then a young warrior, is on a patrol made up of herself, Thistleclaw, and his apprentice Tigerpaw. They discover a kittypet on ThunderClan territory, and Thistleclaw thinks that he should be chased out, but Bluefur defends him, saying that he is only a kit. Thistleclaw says that Bluefur is being soft on him because he is a kittypet, then asks his apprentice, Tigerpaw, what he thinks, and Tigerpaw said that the kittypet should be taught a lesson. He almost kills the kit on Thistleclaw's orders before being stopped by Bluefur, who says that a cat doesn't need to kill to win a battle.
- Echostar's prophecy
- She becomes the leader of StarClan.She is seen talking to Echostar in her dreams,after giving all the new clan leaders and Echostar,their nine lives and name.She tells Echostar a prophecy.